Manchester United are ranked 10th by Euro Club Index and that represents a 35% chance of reaching the quarter finals.
United’s chance of winning the Champions League has improved from 1% at the beginning of the tournament to 2% now. It is not realistic to think about winning the tournament, however being in the draw for the last 8 would be another massive step forward for the club rejuvenated by Ole Gunner Solskjaer.
So what are United’s chances?
- There is no history to go on as PSG and United have never met competitively.
- United have never lost to a French side at home in European Competition.
- PSG have injury concerns with both Cavani and Neymar definitely out.
- United have a full strength squad to choose from and also rested a number of players at the weekend.
- PSG were the top scorers in the group stages with 17 goals
- Old Trafford was the lowest scoring venue in the group stages.
- 57% of Manchester United’s goals in the Champions League this season have been scored after the 85th minute.
United will be confident after recent results and have been consistently scoring goals in the majority of their matches. They will not want to concede an away goal which surely means they will have a plan th counter the pace and prowess of Mbappe – 26 goals already this season.
A 1-0 victory would be a good result but on current form surely 2 or 3 goals at home are possible.
Old Trafford is certainly the place to be tonight if you are lucky enough to have a ticket.